How can Salt Therapy help Colds, Flu and Congestion?
Salt Therapy has been clinically proven to assist with coughs by:
- Clearing mucus from the airways
- Having an anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial effect in the respiratory system
- Reduce bronchial hyper-responsiveness
- Improve lung function
- Assist in the removal of inhaled pollutants and allergen from the lungs and airways.
Here are some of the many benefits you could discover after Salt Therapy treatments:
- Breathe easier after just a few sessions
- Alleviated symptoms such as sneezing, coughing, and shortness of breath
- Reduced dosage of prescription medications, sometimes eliminate the need to take medications altogether
- Reduced sensitivity to airborne triggers such as pollen and dust
- Prolong remission times
- Improved sense of wellness
- Improve general health and quality of life
In clinical trials improvements were reported by 85% of the patients with mild and moderate bronchial asthma, 75% with severe bronchial asthma, 98% with chronic bronchitis, bronchiectasis and cystic fibrosis after Salt Therapy. The patients were examined 6 and 12 months after the first Salt Therapy course.
Salt Therapy for Children
It is well documented that children respond rapidly and more intensively than adults to most forms of therapy and this is also the case with salt therapy. The benefit of salt therapy is that it is 100% drug free and natural, which is ideal for children. At Salt Cave Spa all children from 6 months onwards can undertake salt therapy.